The AAPA is happy to announce the return of its scholarship grant program! We have dedicated some money to allow members who would like to participate more regularly in the bundle, but are unable to do so because of the costs of printing or postage.
Each individual grant applicant may request up to $50 to defray the costs of participating in the bundle. The AAPA will continue to award grants until a total of $150 has been awarded across all recipients over the course of a year.
If you would like to donate money to go toward additional grants for members, please contact Secretary-Treasurer John Carvalho.
Application and Eligibility Requirements
• Applications are restricted to current AAPA members
• Requests for larger amounts of money will require more participation than requests for smaller amounts.
• For each $10 requested, we suggest at least one inclusion in the bundle within a 12-month period.
• These requirements are subject to change, but a notice of any changes to the requirements will be distributed in the official organ, AAPA Alert, or website.
• Please email your application request to President Tommy White at email@example.com or mail a letter to to the following address:
Tommy White Jr
326 Sterling Cove Rd
Columbia, SC 29229
Amateur journalism is a unique activity. Amateur journalists publish journals on paper & online & come from many perspectives: from deluxe letterpress printed journals, to Xeroxed newsletters, to artistically designed cards and ephemera. We embrace the spirit of being amateurs – loving what we do for pure joy and not financial gain – while creating top quality journals, zines, and homemade publications.