The AAPA is happy to announce an update its scholarship grant program! We have funds available for members who would like to participate more regularly in the bundle, but are unable to do so because of the costs of printing or postage.
Each individual grant application may request up to $20 to defray the costs of participating in the bundle. Grants will be approved based upon the availability of funds. The balance in the scholarship fund currently stands at $400.
If you would like to donate money to go toward additional grants for members, please contact Secretary-Treasurer Ivan Snyder.
Application and Eligibility Requirements
• Applications are restricted to current AAPA members.
• For each $20 requested, we suggest at least one inclusion in the bundle within a 12-month period.
• An individual may make an additional request once the first grant has been used to produce an amateur journal for the bundle.
• These requirements are subject to change, but a notice of any changes to the requirements will be distributed in the official organ, AAPA Alert, or website.
• Please email your application request to President Tommy White at email@example.com or mail a letter to to the following address:
Tommy White Jr
326 Sterling Cove Rd
Columbia, SC 29229
Learn about Desktop Publishing with AAPA Tutorial
If you have ideas for an amateur journal but need to learn how to use a desktop publishing tool, check out our A.J. Publishing Using Scribus online tutorial. Let's see more journals in the bundle!
Amateur journalism is a unique activity. Amateur journalists publish journals on paper & online & come from many perspectives: from deluxe letterpress printed journals, to Xeroxed newsletters, to artistically designed cards and ephemera. We embrace the spirit of being amateurs – loving what we do for pure joy and not financial gain – while creating top quality journals, zines, and homemade publications.